Moorebank Logistics Park, the 243 hectare site in Moorebank, 35kms south west from the Sydney CBD has commenced construction of Stage 1.
• When completed, the precinct will comprise both import/export (“IMEX”) and interstate rail terminals with complementary warehousing and distribution facilities.
• The IMEX and interstate rail terminal operations are expected to handle up to 1.5 million TEUs per annum. Related logistics activities planned to be undertaken on the site include high specification warehousing, distribution, customs and quarantine processing. Retail, leisure and hospitality offerings will also be available to complement the terminal and warehouse operations.
• It is anticipated that the precinct will comprise up to 850,000m² of integrated warehousing when fully developed. This is expected to attract importers and national distributors due to the logistics efficiencies of being co-located with IMEX and interstate rail terminals, resulting in lower transport costs.
• Moorebank Logistics Park is located at the junction of the M5 and M7 motorways and future rail access to the Southern Sydney Freight Line (SSFL).
• This strategic location is expected to alleviate logistics inefficiencies resulting from Sydney’s road congestion through removing road freight demand from the existing road network between Port Botany and Western Sydney by increasing the rail model share of freight movements.